Downloading YouTube videos and audios is a elemental duty for netizens. Sure, there are outmost collection out there to assistance we download youtube videos though if we are worried by a continuous ads, and have concerns about malware, maybe it’s time to start downloading YouTube media unaided.
The locate is you’ll need a browser with a “Network” developer tool like complicated IE or Chrome or Firefox, and an Internet tie setup where YouTube isn’t blocked (get some ideas on how to by-pass this retard in this post).
My personal welfare is Firefox, for reasons that will be transparent during a finish of this post though this works even if we cite one of a other dual browsers. Let’s check out a steps.
How to Download Youtube Media
1. Open Developer Tools in a browser and go to Network tool, or if you’re on Firefox press
2. Click Media in a Network apparatus so that you’ll see usually a HTTP requests done to media files, like audio and video files.
3. Browse to a YouTube video we wish to download. You’ll start saying a requests done by a YouTube page to a audio video files in a Network tool.
4. Hover a cursor over a Type mainstay of any ask in a apparatus and demeanour during a media type:
- If we wish a audio, demeanour for “audio/mp4”.
- If we wish a video, afterwards demeanour for “video/mp4”.
Note: If you’re regulating a browser that doesn’t segeregate requests (like IE) or doesn’t list a requests done to a audio video files in YouTube underneath “Media” (like Chrome), usually hunt a tenure “audio” or “video” in a hunt bar in a Network tool.
5. Once we found a ask with a wanted media form (it’ll be of a googlevideo.com domain), click on it, and duplicate a full URL from where it appears.
6. Paste a URL in a residence bar, mislay a
range parameter in a query fibre and press
7. The video or audio will open, right-click on a page and name “Save As” to save a file.
8. If we wish both a video and a audio, demeanour for both with a stairs above and put them together regulating any default media editor we have in your computer. It’s indeed flattering easy and discerning to do so (even with programs like a antiquated Windows Movie Maker).
Bonus Hack for Firefox
If you’re removing WEBM audio files instead of MP4 from YouTube (webm can usually be played in a browser) , invalidate your browser’s WEBM audio support, afterwards YouTube will send a audio in MPEG4 format.
Type “about:config” in a residence bar, press
Enter, click by any warning summary and hunt for “webm”.
Find and double-click
media.mediasource.webm.audio.enabled. Its value will change to
false and you’re set.